Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution pertains to hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a web server hosted by a website hosting distributor. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a look at them. Doing so, you can pick what you need, based on whether you wish to set up a blog, mail aliases, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service made available by given vendors, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans often include adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a particular interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely awry interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the load between individual groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various webspace hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some companies offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share a huge amount of pics with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mail aliases. Some distributors offer web site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to utilize as many video files as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to run a web site. To some degree, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Free Hostia, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the customary email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular content exclusively.